GLORY KICKBOXING ADDS FEATHERWEIGHT NO. 1 CONTENDER BOUT TO ‘BELLATOR MMA: DYNAMITE 1,’ PITTING ANVAR BOYNAZAROV AGAINST SERHIY ADAMCHUCK
DENGUE FEVER FORCES PHILIPE LINS OUT OF BOUT AGAINST FRANCIS CARMONT, ROY ‘BLACK DYNAMITE’ BOUGHTON STEPS UP ON SHORT-NOTICE
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (September 14, 2015) – Two rising talents in Glory's featherweight division have been added to an action-packed kickboxing line-up taking place at “Bellator MMA: Dynamite 1” on Saturday, September 19 at the SAP Center in San Jose, Calif. Amsterdam-based Serhiy Adamchuk (29-5, 14 KO), originally from Ukraine, will meet muay Thai world champion Anvar Boynazarov (79-20-2, 45 KO) of California, by way of Uzbekistan, in a fight to determine the next Glory featherweight contender.
In addition to the kickboxing fight being added to the prelims, the alternate bout for the light heavyweight tournament will now feature Roy “Black Dynamite” Boughton (12-5) as the new opponent for Francis Carmont (23-10). Carmont was slated to take on Philipe Lins, but the Brazilian was forced to withdraw when he fell ill with dengue fever.
Adamchuk was originally slated to face Glory Featherweight World Champion Gabriel Varga at the event before the Canadian suffered an injury during training camp. The winner of this fight will now be next in line to face Varga for the title at an upcoming Glory event. Adamchuk debuted at Glory 22 in June, stepping in on 24 hours notice to beat lightweight contender Marat Grigorian in one of the biggest upsets of 2015 thus far. Boynazarov debuted last month at Glory 23, defeating highly touted Georgian prospect Giga Chikadze, training out of Kings MMA.
“Bellator MMA: Dynamite 1” airs live and free on Spike at 9/8c. Tickets for the historic event start at just $30 and are on sale now at the SAP Center box office and are also available for purchase at Ticketmaster.com, as well as Bellator.com.
For the first time ever, “Bellator MMA: Dynamite 1” will feature both a Bellator MMA cage and a Glory kickboxing ring on one arena floor at the same time. In the evening’s main event, Tito Ortiz (18-11) will challenge the undefeated Bellator Light Heavyweight World Champion, Liam McGeary (10-0) for the title.
Additionally, the previously announced fight card features a Glory kickboxing title fight featuring Zack Mwekassa (13-2, 12 KO) and Saulo Cavalari (31-2, 19 KO) for the vacant Light Heavyweight Championship, as well as Bellator MMA competitors Paul “Semtex” Daley (37-13-2) and Fernando “The Menifee Maniac” Gonzalez (24-13) also competing in Glory action, when they trade-in the MMA gloves for kickboxing gloves. Finally, recently signed Keri Anne Taylor-Melendez (2-1) will compete in kickboxing action against Hadley Griffith.
On the mixed martial arts side, Bellator MMA will also conduct a four-man, one-night light heavyweight tournament to determine the No. 1 contender in the division that features Phil Davis (13-3) taking on Emanuel Newton (25-8-1) and Linton Vassell (15-4-1) facing Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal (15-4, 1 NC). Newly signed lightweight standout Josh “The Punk” Thomson (20-8, 1 NC) is also in action, when he makes his Bellator MMA debut against Mike “The Greek Assassin” Bronzoulis (18-8-1).
“Bellator MMA: Dynamite 1” – Saturday, September 19 – SAP Center, San Jose, Calif.
- Bellator Light Heavyweight Title Fight: Tito Ortiz (18-11) vs. © Liam McGeary (10-0)
- Bellator Light Heavyweight Tournament Final: TBD vs. TBD
- Glory Vacant Light Heavyweight Title Fight: Saulo Cavalari (31-2) vs. Zack Mwekassa (13-2)
- Bellator Lightweight Feature Fight: Josh Thomson (20-8) vs. Mike Bronzoulis (18-8-1)
- Glory Welterweight Feature Fight: Paul Daley (37-13-2 MMA/20-3 Kickboxing) vs. Fernando Gonzalez (24-13/1-2 Kickboxing)
- Glory Bantamweight Feature Fight: Keri Anne Taylor-Melendez (2-1) vs. Hadley Griffith (Debut)
- Bellator Light Heavyweight Tournament Fight: Phil Davis (13-3) vs. Emanuel Newton (25-8-1)
- Bellator Light Heavyweight Tournament Fight: Linton Vassell (15-4-1) vs. Muhammed Lawal (15-4, 1 NC)
- Bellator Lightweight Feature Fight: Israel Delgado (0-1) vs. JJ Okanovich (0-1)
- Bellator Welterweight Feature Fight: James Terry (15-8) vs. Carlos Rocha (9-3)
- Bellator Flyweight Feature Fight: Matt Ramirez (1-1) vs. Josh Paiva (5-1)
- Glory Featherweight Feature Fight: Serhiy Adamchuck (29-5) vs. Anvar Boynazarov (29-20-2)
- Bellator Bantamweight Feature Fight: Gabe Carrasco (5-0) vs. Joe Neal (5-0)
- Bellator Lightweight Feature Fight: Adam Piccolotti (5-0) vs. Marlen Magee (3-3)
- Bellator Featherweight Feature Fight: Thomas Diagne (5-4) vs. Mike Malott (4-1)
- Bellator Light Heavyweight Tournament Alternate Bout: Francis Carmont (23-10) vs. Roy Boughton (12-5)
- Bellator Lightweight Feature Fight: Nick Pica (4-0) vs. Mauricio Alonso (10-5)
- Bellator Featherweight Feature Fight: Victor Jones (Debut) vs. David Blanco (1-0) *
- Bellator Flyweight Amateur Fight: Gloria Telles (Debut) vs. Alysia Cortez (Debut) *
- Glory Lightweight Feature Fight: Jose Palacios (7-7) vs. TJ Arcengal (4-1) *
- Bellator Middleweight Feature Fight: Brandon Hester (1-0) vs. DeMarco Villalona (1-0) *
* indicates bouts may take place simultaneously.