Jeff Hughes became the second Legacy Fighting Alliance heavyweight champion after his defeat of Richard Odoms. LFA 26 took place November 3rd at the Arena Theatre in Houston, TX with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
Throughout the main event Jeff Hughes was one step ahead of defending champion Richard Odoms. Odoms had his moments such as taking Hughes down with a keylock roll but Hughes’ edge on speed paid off. By the third round both fighters seemed gassed but Hughes was able to keep scoring enough on Odoms to take the edge on the judges’ scorecards. Hughes took home the belt with a record of 8-1 with his only loss being to Dan Spohn last December, Odoms fell to 13-4.
The most impressive fight of the night was arguably Nicolle Caliari vs. Itzel Esquivel. Caliari used her strength to take the edge in a fight where her technique was matched by Esquivel. In the second round Caliari mounted Esquivel and rained down punches for the TKO, her fourth such win in her 4-1 career. Esquivel dropped to 2-2.
LFA return next weekend with LFA 27 in Shawnee, OK. AXS TV then head to Lincoln, RI for CES MMA before LFA takes the first two weeks in December.
LFA 26 results
- Jason Langellier def. Nick Gray by unanimous decision
- Adrian Yanez def. Trent Meaux by unanimous decision
- Juan Adams def. Brice Ritani-Coe 1:33 R1 by TKO
- Nicolle Caliari def. Itzel Esquivel 3:56 R2 by TKO
- Charles Cheeks III def. Westin Wilson 4:04 R2 by armbar
- Larry Crowe def. Bilal Williams by split decision
- HW title: Jeff Hughes def. Richard Odoms by unanimous decision