Horcher defends LW title, Pace takes vacant BW belt at CFFC 52
It was a mixed night for Team Tiger Schulmann as the team went 1-1 in title fights at Cage Fury Fighting Championships 52 with Nick Pace winning the vacant bantamweight title but Stephen Regman losing a challenge to lightweight champion Darrell Horcher in the main event. CFFC 52 took place October 31st at the Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa in Atlantic City, NJ with a pay-per-view webcast available at GoFightLive.
Darrell Horcher made a successful first defense of the lightweight belt he won in February but it cost the champion. Horcher it was later revealed broke his arm in the first round leading to two rounds of relatively little action. In the third a left hook from Horcher knocked down Stephen Regman with the follow-up punches on the ground sealing the victory before Horcher was taken to the hospital for the arm. Horcher emerges with his first successful defense of the CFFC belt, a record of 12-1, and five wins in a row. Regman now stands 5-2 with his five-fight win streak broken.
Nick Pace had better luck bringing Team Tiger Schulmann victory in the co-main event. When Ricky Bandejas shot in for a takedown midway through the first round Pace caught his neck and transitioned to a rear-naked choke for the submission win. Pace takes home the bantamweight title vacated by teammate Jimmy Rivera as his record climbs to 7-3, this being his first fight since leaving the UFC four years ago. For Bandejas this was the first loss of his pro MMA career as his record now stands 5-1.
CFFC 52 results
- Dwayne Holman Jr. def. Andrew Aguilar 0:13 R1 by TKO
- Pat Sabatini def. Tony Gravely 2:47 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Scott Heckman def. Jay Hess 1:17 R2 by north-south choke
- Emmanuel Walo def. Jason Norwood 2:36 R3 by TKO
- Tim Williams def. Walter Howard 4:19 R3 by rear-naked choke
- Dave Marfone def. Justin Bonitatis 4:23 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Katlyn Chookagian def. Sijara Eubanks by unanimous decision
- LeVon Maynard def. Sam Oropeza by unanimous decision
- BW title: Nick Pace def. Ricky Bandejas 2:51 R1 by rear-naked choke
- LW title: Darrell Horcher def. Stephen Regman 3:23 R3 by TKO