Higo defeats Blumer, Vannata remains undefeated at RFA 32
Brazilian standout Leandro Higo notched another significant victory with a first-round TKO of Melvin Blumer at Resurrection Fighting Alliance 32 while Landon Vannata remained undefeated by handing Chad Curry his first professional loss. RFA 32 took place November 6th at the Mystic Lake Casino Hotel in Prior Lake, MN with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
Leandro Higo started out trying to take Melvin Blumer down but Blumer held his own. After failing to take the Minnesota native down Higo backed out and waited for Blumer to close, when he did a right hook knocked out Blumer on the feet with the ref stepping in for an immediate TKO. With the win Higo’s win streak improves to six in a row on a record of 15-2, Blumer drops to 13-2 with his six-fight win streak broken.
In the co-main event clash of undefeated fighters it was Landon Vannata who emerged with a perfect record. Vannata dropped Curry early in the fight with a right cross, elbows to the head sealed the TKO victory. Vannata exits the cage 7-0 with only one fight seeing the judges’ scorecards, Curry’s first pro loss leaves the local standout 7-1.
At this time there is no word on the next event for AXS TV’s standout promotion.
RFA 32 results
- Bobby Lee def. Codie Kahler 1:44 R3 by kimura
- Benjamin Locken def. Tye Ferguson by unanimous decision
- Logan Storley def. Marc Hummel 3:17 R1 by TKO
- Clay Wimer def. Sean Richman 3:16 R2 by TKO
- Dakota Cochrane def. Ben Neumann by unanimous decision
- Benjamin Smith def. Craig Eckelberg by unanimous decision
- Landon Vannata def. Chad Curry 1:29 R1 by TKO
- Leandro Higo def. Melvin Blumer 2:58 R1 by TKO