Former M-1 Global featherweight champion Ivan Buchinger returns to action this weekend facing Andrey Krasnikov. M-1 Challenge 89 takes place March 10th at the M-1 Arena in St. Petersburg, Russia with a webcast through the promotion’s website.
Ivan Buchinger briefly held the M-1 Global title from the time he defeated Timur Nagibin last June until he lost the belt in his first title defense against Khamzat Dalgiev five months later. Now holding a record of 32-6 at 32 years old Buchinger tries to get back to his prime in 2013-16 when he was on a ten-fight win streak. Andrey Krasnikov makes his promotional debut with a record of 13-3 with four wins in a row. Krasnikov’s only loss in thirteen fights or two years was to Khasan Galaev in February 2017, since then he defeated Saikhan Dzhabrailov, Radu Mihatu, Johnny Frachey, and most recently Artem Budur.
The co-main event goes to 12-3-1 Viktor Kolesnik vs. 7-2 David Souza. Kolesnik is coming off a loss to Nate Landwehr, a fight that snapped Kolesnik’s seven-fight win streak in November. Souza makes his promotional debut coming off a loss to Leonardo Limberger last April, a loss that snapped his four-win streak.
- Flyweight: Vazha Tsiptauri vs. Dimitar Kostov
- FW: Daniel Vasquez vs. Ivan Kibala
- FW: Elizar Tariku vs. Nikita Solonin
- LW: Rasul Magomedov vs. Ali Albogachiev
- LHW: Brendson Ribeiro vs. Denis Vygovsky
- LW: Mickael Lebout vs. Sergey Faley
- HW: Zaur Gadzhibabayev vs. Anton Vyazigin
- Flyweights: Chris Kelades vs. Vitaliy Branchuk
- FW: Viktor Kolesnik vs. David Silva de Souza
- FW: Ivan Buchinger vs. Andrey Krasnikov