Movsar Evloev not only took the M-1 Global bantamweight title from Pavel Vitruk, he remained undefeated as well. M-1 Challenge 81: Battle in the Mountains 6 took place July 22nd in the Republic of Ingushetia with the show webcast at the promotion’s website.
Defending bantamweight champion Pavel Vitruk didn’t seem to have an answer for the dirty boxing and ground game of the interim champion as Movsar Evloev used clinch techniques to score while setting up takedowns. By the beginning of the third round Vitruk looked exhausted while Evloev was still fresh despite his relentless ground-and-pound while rounds 4 and 5 were more of the same. After five rounds there was no controversy with the judges seeing it for Evloev who improved to 8-0 while Vitruk fell to 14-3.
Sergei Kharitonov defeating Geronimo Dos Santos wasn’t surprising itself, what was is the fact he did so by ankle lock in under half a round. Kharitonov who is known for his kickboxing was taken down by Dos Santos early with Dos Santos quickly taking Kharitonov’s back and rolling to his own. Wit Dos Santos pounding on is head trying to open a rear-naked choke Kharitonov grabbed Dos Santos’ left foot and torqued for the submission commentator Ian Freeman called a “silly” and “childish mistake”. The very surprising submission improved Kharitonov’s record to 26-6 with two submissions, Dos Santos dropped to 39-19.
Also on the main card UFC vet Joe Riggs defeated Dmitry Samoilov by third-round TKO. Riggs originally tried to stand with Samoilov but as the opportunities presented themselves Riggs took the fight to the mat where he word down his opponent. Riggs now stands 44-17, Samoilov exited the cage 19-11.
M-1 Challenge 81 results
- Arman Ashimov def. Gadzhiumurad Aliev 1:08 R2 by KO
- Alik Albogahiev def. Filip Narizhni 1:36 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Amiram Gogoladze def. Ibrahim Sagov 0:53 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Movsar Bokov def. Igor Onoprienko 2:45 R1 by TKO
- Akhmadkhan Ozdoev def. Alberto Vargas 2:45 R1 by TKO
- Khamzat Sakalov def. Charles-Henri Tchoungui by unanimous decision
- Giga Kukhalashvili def. Nurbek Islailov 0:59 R1 by TKO
- Kleber Raimundo Silva def. Konstantin Gluhuv by unanimous decision
- Ingiskhan Ozdoev def. Spencer Jebb 2:25 R1 by KO
- Joe Riggs def. Dmitry Samoilov 0:24 R3 by TKO
- Sergei Kharitonov def. Geronimo Dos Santos 2:13 R1 by ankle lock
- BW title: Movsar Evloev def. Pavel Vitruk by unanimous decision