UFC vet Rob Emerson faces undefeated Raufeon Stots in defense of the bantamweight title at Victory Fighting Championship 56. Also on the card the vacant welterweight title is on the line between Kassius Holdorf and Yuri Silva. VFC 56 takes place April 14th at the Baxter Arena in Omaha, NB with a webcast at UFC Fight Pass.
It seemed like Rob Emerson was finished after leaving Bellator following a loss to Rafael Morcego in October 2014. After taking a year and a half off MMA Emerson returned to the cage in June 2016 to take the VFC bantamweight title with a rear-naked choke of Shawn West while his TKO of Ryan Roberts in December served as his first defense. Now 19-11 it looks like Emerson is attempting another shot at the UFC. Raufeon Stots stands undefeated at 7-0 with his last five wins being in VFC. Just over a year ago Stots defeated William Joplin by KO then followed up with a rear-naked choke of Charlie DuBray before making headlines with a unanimous decision over Jeff Curran in November.
Now that Mike Rhodes has vacated the welterweight belt Kassius Holdorf and Yuri Silva square off for the title. 8-3 Holdorf went 2-2 in 2016 with losses to Reese Hernandez and Maki Pitolo to go with wins over Jon Alford and most recently a rematch against Pitolo. 9-5 Silva is mainly known for his loss to Sean Spencer at UFC Fight Night 28 in September 2013 but in 2016 had wins over Kenneth Glenn and Cody Carrillo.
- Ben Wallingford vs. Keith Phathaem
- Jake Kocanda vs. Randy Rathbun
- Carlos Woolard vs. Brandon Trout
- Ryan Leininger vs. Zach Hughes
- Brad Ragan vs. Micah Peatrowsky
- Bryce Logan vs. Will Shutt
- Chuka Willis vs. Sodiq Yusuff
- Duane Johnson vs. Jonathon Kennedy
- Kenny Licea vs. Corey Davis
- Tony Ortega vs. Terrence Almond
- Boimah Karmo vs. Bernard Thomas
- Dakota Cochrane cs. EJ Brooks
- WW title: Kassius Holdorf vs. Yuri Silva
- BW title: Rob Emerson vs. Raufeon Stots