Jordan Rinaldi (12-5) has suffered an injury and has been removed from his upcoming fight against Devin Powell (8-1) at UFC Fight Night 103. The UFC has signed unbeaten lightweight prospect Drakkar Klose (6-0-1) to step-in against Powell. The promotion announced the change in opponents this week.
UFC Fight Night 103 will be held Jan. 15 from Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, Ariz. A featherweight showdown between UFC Hall of Famer BJ Penn and Yair Rodriguez will serve as the main event.
Klose has fought for such promotions as Resurrection Fighting Alliance and Rage In The Cage, and fights out of the MMA Lab in Glendale, Ariz. The 28-year-old Michigan native last competed in September when he won a unanimous decision over Hugh Pulley at RFA 44. Prior to that he fought to a Draw with veteran Joshua Aveles at Tachi Palace Fights 26 in February. Four of Klose’s six victories have been by knockout.
Powell was discovered on Dana White’s reality series “Looking for a Fight” when he submitted Jon Lemke in the first round at a New England Fights event in August. And in June he won a split decision over Tommy Marcellino at WSOF 31. The Maine native is currently riding a six-fight winning streak and has finished three of his eight career wins via submission and two via knockout. This fight will also mark his UFC debut.
With this change to the card, UFC Fight Night 103 now includes:
- Yair Rodriguez vs. B.J. Penn
- Marcin Held vs. Joe Lauzon
- Court McGee vs. Ben Saunders
- Bryan Caraway vs. Jimmie Rivera
- John Moraga vs. Sergio Pettis
- Augusto Mendes vs. Frankie Saenz
- Aleksei Oleinik vs. Viktor Pesta
- Tony Martin vs. Alex White
- Nina Ansaroff vs. Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger
- Drakkar Klose vs. Devin Powell
- Walt Harris vs. Chase Sherman
- Joachim Christensen vs. Bojan Mihajlovic
- Cyril Asker vs. Dmitrii Smoliakov
Stay close to www.adcombat.com for all your combat sports updates.