Former LFC champion Myron Dennis convinced two of the three judges if not the viewers he came from behind to win a split decision over Danilo Marques. LFA 9 took place April 14th at the Firelake Arena in Shawnee, OK with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
To nobody’s surprise Danilo Marques immediately instituted a strategy of taking Myron Dennis down, a strategy that was successful for the first half of the fight. As the second round wore on Marques wore down, by the third Dennis was able to rally to keep Marques at bay with strikes. With the judges seeing the turning point of the fight in Dennis’ favor for the decision the former champion’s MMA record improved to 13-5, Marques fell to 7-2.
In the co-main event Don’Tale Mayes for the most part executed his gameplan against Demoreo Dennis. Mayes knocked down Dennis in the first only to fall into a kneebar attempt but otherwise the fight was Mayes taking Dennis down en route to a unanimous decision. Mayes now stands 3-1 Dennis exited the cage 6-4.
Next weekend holds the third LFA event in three weeks at LFA 10 takes place in Pueblo, CO. Headlining the card is undefeated Ian Heinisch vs. Lucas Rodolfo Bresolin Rota.
LFA 9 results
- Kristina Williams def. Rachel Young by unanimous decision
- Triston Gwaltney def. Michael Smith 3:00 R2 by TKO
- Charles Williams def. Kevin Goodin by unanimous decision
- Aaron Nichols def. Joshua Anderson by DQ
- R. Coughran def. Daniel Carey by majority decision
- Eddie Brown def. Malcolm Hill by unanimous decision
- Travis Quintero def. Nathan Trepagnier by unanimous decision
- Kyle Driscoll def. Jose Martinez by unanimous decision
- Sabina Mazo def. Jamie Thorton 4:0 R1 by KO
- Don’Tale Mayes def. Demoreo Dennis by unanimous decision
- Myron Dennis def. Danilo Marques by split decision