De Freitas submits Moraza-Pollard to claim vacant WW title at CES MMA 31
The CES MMA welterweight belt has a new caretaker as Gil De Freitas defeated Chip Moraza-Pollard. CES MMA 31 took place October 30th at the Twin River Casino in Lincoln, RI with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
Moraza-Pollard tried to keep Gil De Freitas at bay with kicks to no avail as the Team Link fighter moved forward. Once De Freitas closed for a takedown it was a series of submission attempts that finally culminated in the fight-winning kneebar with under thirty seconds remaining in the first round. With the win De Freitas improves to 18-5 with five wins in a row, Moraza-Pollard drops to 10-9.
In the co-main event Daniel Vizcaya defeated Chuck O’Neil with a first-round rear-naked choke. Vizcaya fired off a sole body kick before taking O’Neil down. On the ground Vizcaya spent about half the fight using a neck crank on O’Neil before tossing O’Neil’s legs aside and taking his back. The fight-ending rear-naked choke attempt O’Neil tapped to didn’t seem in under his chin but with under half the first round gone O’Neil did tap. Vizcaya now stands 9-3, O’Neil 15-8.
The next CES MMA event is scheduled for December 18th.
CES MMA results
- David Baxter def. Brandon Warne 2:37 R1 by armbar
- Carlos Candelario def. Jesse Gutierrez by unanimous decision
- Shane Manley def. Taylor Trahan 4:09 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Pat McCrohan def. Buck Pineau 0:58 R1 by TKO
- Darren Mima def. Remo Cardarelli 0:27 R1 by KO
- Greg Rebello def. Mike Mucitelli 3:24 R1 by KO
- Andre Soukhamthah def. Carlos Galindo 3:46 R2 by TKO
- Eric Spicely def. Aaron Johnson by unanimous decision
- Kody Nordby def. Dinis Paiva 2:42 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Daniel Vizcaya def. Chuck O’Neil 2:19 R1 by rear-naked choke
- WW title: Gil De Freitas def. Chip Moraza-Pollard 4:37 R1 by kneebar