Changes Made to GLORY 41 Holland and GLORY 41 Superfight Series
Mohamed Abdallah Replaces Xavier Vigney at GLORY 41 Holland
Alan Scheinson meets Murthel Groenhart, Youssef Assouik battles Tyjani Beztati
and Yetkin Ozkul squares off against Zakaria Zouggary at GLORY 41 SuperFight Series
AMSTERDAM – The world’s premier kickboxing league today announced changes to the GLORY 41 Holland and GLORY 41 SuperFight Series fight cards, airing live from Brabanthallen Exhibition Centre in Den Bosch on Saturday, May 20.
After suffering an injury during training camp sparring, American heavyweight Xavier Vigney will yield his one-night, four-man heavyweight contender tournament spot to German prospect Mohamed Abdallah (12-1, 5 KO, fighting out of the Netherlands).
Abdallah will be matched up against Curaçaoan-Dutch striker D’Angelo Marshall (14-2, 8 KO, fighting out of the Netherlands) in the opening round, with the winner advancing to face either Greek standout Giannis “Hercules” Stoforidis (19-5, 11 KO, fighting out of Greece) or No. 9 ranked heavyweight Anderson “Braddock” Silva (40-16-1, 25 KO, fighting out of Brazil) in the tournament final.
The complete five-fight card for GLORY 41 Holland can be found below:
GLORY 41 Holland
- Heavyweight Tournament Final Bout: Winner of Bout A vs. Winner of Bout B
- Heavyweight Co-Headline Bout: Hesdy Gerges vs. Chi Lewis-Parry
- Featherweight Bout: Chenglong Zhang vs. Wilson Sanches Mendes
- Heavyweight Tournament Semifinal Bout B: D’Angelo Marshall vs. Mohamed Abdallah
- Heavyweight Tournament Semifinal Bout A: Anderson Silva vs. Giannis Stoforidis
GLORY 41 Holland will be carried live on ESPN3 at 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT.
Then, Turkish Muay Thai veteran Yetkin Ozkul (69-8, 28 KO, fighting out of France) fills in for Anvar Boynazarov, kicking off the stacked GLORY 41 SuperFight Series fight card against fellow featherweight Zakaria Zouggary (28-3-1, 15 KO, fighting out of the Netherlands).
In an exciting bout between rising young stars, Danish featherweight prospect Youssef Assouik (40-4, 20 KO, fighting out of Denmark) makes his GLORY debut, taking on 19-year-old Dutch-Moroccan lightweight Tyjani Beztati (12-1, 5 KO, fighting out of the Netherlands). Assouik earned the assignment by defeating Abdou Karim Chorr via unanimous decision on the GLORY 40 Copenhagen local undercard.
Seizing an opportunity on short notice, powerful Argentinian Alan “Superboy” Scheinson (48-4, 37 KO, fighting out of Argentina) steps in against No. 4 ranked welterweight Murthel “The Predator” Groenhart (64-22-3, 37, fighting out of the Netherlands), who most recently submitted a highlight reel finish against Thongchai in February. Scheinson replaces Harut Grigorian in the bout.
The complete six-fight card for GLORY 41 SuperFight Series can be found below:
GLORY 41 SuperFight Series
- Heavyweight Superfight Headline Bout: Rico Verhoeven vs. Ismael Lazaar
- Featherweight World Title Bout: Robin van Roosmalen vs. Petchpanomrung Kiatmookao
- Welterweight Bout: Murthel Groenhart vs. Alan Scheinson
- Light Heavyweight Bout: Michael Duut vs. Mourad Bouzidi
- Lightweight Bout: Tyjani Beztati vs. Youssef Assouik
- Featherweight Bout: Zakaria Zouggary vs. Yetkin Ozkul
GLORY 41 SuperFight Series streams live and exclusively on UFC FIGHT PASS at 3:30 p.m. ET / 12:30 p.m. PT.
Tickets for GLORY 41 Holland and GLORY 41 SuperFight Series are on sale now, priced between €45 – €350 (VIP). Tickets are available for online purchase at tickets.glorykickboxing.com and at the Brabanthallen Exhibition Centre box office.
For more information about GLORY, visit glorykickboxing.com