Brock defeats Murphy by decision, at RFA 27
Jesse Brock defeated Joe Murphy in the main event of Resurrection Fighting Alliance 27 but according to promoter Ed Soares is not ready for a title fight against current RFA champion Luke Sanders. RFA 27 took place July 3rd at the CenturyLink Arena in Boise, ID with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
Brock predictably used his wrestling to control Murphy over three rounds with the only real surprise being Brock’s improving standup. In the second round Murphy caught Brock with a slicing elbow that bloodied Brock but not enough to stop the fight. The rest of the bout was all Brock as he repeated struck for takedowns and ground out a unanimous decision. Brock’s record improves to 21-8 with five wins in a row, Murphy takes a second loss in a row to exit 8-3.
In the co-main event Czar Sklavos dominated Nick Burgos the first two rounds to earn a unanimous decision. Burgos’ comeback in round 3 proved too little too late to get the judges’ nod while the late-round takedown from Sklavos sealed the deal. Sklavos now stands 12-4, Burgos falls to 9-4 with his six-fight win streak over.
RFA 27 results
- Paul Crawford def. Jordan Ransom by unanimous decision
- Cody Sattler def. Sonny Silva 0:45 R1 by TKO
- Austin Glenn def. Dalton Holverson 1:19 R2 by arm-triangle choke
- Michael Garcia def. Jeremiah Steele by split decision
- Miles Hunsinger def. Austin Miller by unanimous decision
- Stephen Martinez def. Darrell Flores 2:58 R1 by guillotine choke
- Scott Thometz def. Daniel Swain 0:30 R1 by KO
- Jan Jorgensen def. Josue Lugo by split decision
- Czar Sklavos def. Nick Burgos by unanimous decision
- Jesse Brock def. Joe Murphy by unanimous decision