Kyra Batara showcased her ground skills as she worked her way to a unanimous decision over Paulina Granados in Combate Americas return to the US. Combate 19 took place December 1st at the Freeman Coliseum in San Antonio, TX with an undercard webcast at the promotion’s website, a main card broadcast on Telemundo.
Paulina Granados’ best round was the first when she managed to hold Batara off with clinch work. Beginning the in the second Batara took Granados down seemingly at will where she kept improving position and landing strikes while hunting for submissions while Granados was reduced solely to defense. Granados managed to make it to the judges’ scorecards only by being saved by the bell at the end of the third when Batara had an armbar but not enough time to elicit a tap. Batara’s one-sided win improved her record to 7-2 with two wins in a row, Granados dropped to 4-3.
The co-main event was equally as one-sided as Andres Quintana had little trouble submitting Rey Trujillo. Trujillo kept looking for one big knockout punch on the feet while relying on his wrestling to control the action but Quintana was always one step ahead. Quintana used his reach advantage to score with his left hook, straight jab, and knees to the head until a desperation takedown from Trujillo in the second led to Quintana’s rear-naked choke for the win. Trujillo now stands 13-2 with three wins in a row, Trujillo fell to 22-20 with three losses in a row.
Combate Americas 19 results
- Jesse Almaraz def. Fernando Rodriguez by unanimous decision
- Federico Oliveira def. David Miramontes 0:10 R1 by KO
- Javier Obregon def. Jose Ceja 2:51 R2 by rear-naked choke
- Juan Deantes def Heinrich Wassmer 1:36 R2 by armbar
- David Fuentes def Joel Scott by unanimous decision
- Ray Rodriguez def. Michael Rodriguez 3:16 R1 by KO
- Vanesa Rico def. Brenda Enriquez by unanimous decision
- Victor Reyna def. Daniel Rodriguez by split decision
- Andres Quintana def. Rey Trujillo 1:52 R2 by rear-naked choke
- Kyra Batara def Paulina Granados by unanimous decision