Nick Barnes’ year off from MMA proved worth it as he easily won what was surprisingly called a split decision over Chad Curry. LFA 20 took place August 25th at the Mystic Lake Casino in Prior Lake, MN with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
The first two rounds were competitive but should have gone to Barnes for landing the more effective strikes while round 3 scoring was all Barnes landing strikes standing and on the ground. Barnes’ successful return to the sport improved his record to 12-2, Curry dropped to 9-2.
The co-main event was even more one-sided as Bobby Moffett had his way with Nate Jennerman. Standing and on the ground Moffett scored with strikes while Jennerman never mounted a serious offense and barely held on for three rounds. Moffett now stands 10-2, Jennerman 9-3.
LFA have three events in September with LFA 21 in Branson, MO on September 1st, LFA 22 on September 8th, and LFA 23 on September 22nd. Headlining LFA 21 is Kyle Noblitt vs. Antonio Paulo Branjao.
LFA 20 results
- Shawn West def. Melvin Blumer 1:27 R3 by TKO
- Jeffrey Peterson def. Brandon Jenkins by split decision
- Bobby Lee def. Ashkan Morvari by split decision
- Travis Perzynski def. Carl Wittstock 1:49 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Kelly Kobold vs. Christine Stanley declared a split draw
- Bobby Moffett def. Nate Jennerman by unanimous decision
- Nick Barnes def. Chad Curry by split decision