Barcelos defeats Musgrave for FW title, Team Brazil go 3-1 at RFA 29
The Brazilian team went 3-1 against the Americans on the main card of Resurrection Fighting Alliance 29 highlighted by Raoni Barcelos defeating Ricky Musgrave for the vacant featherweight belt. RFA 29 took place August 21st at the Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, SD with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
In the main event Raoni Barcelos used speed and agility to out-strike and repeatedly take down Ricky Musgrave en route to a unanimous decision. In the first round Barcelos knocked down Musgrave and tried to finish with a rear-naked choke while starting in round 2 Musgrave seemed to be having trouble with his leg. As the fight wore on Musgrave wore down allowing Barcelos to rack up points with the result being a lopsided unanimous decision. Barcelos takes home the belt with a 9-1 record and two wins in a row, Musgrave exits 14-5 with his four-fight streak halted.
In the co-main event Ackson Junior turned the tables on Jordan Larson, surviving the first round to submit the local favorite in the third. From the beginning Larson took the Brazilian down and dominated the round but about mid-way through the round the American injured his knee. Junior started to come back in the second while the third round saw a scramble result in a heel hook for the submission win. Junior remains undefeated at 6-0, Larson drops to 6-2.
Also on the main card Leandro Higo defeated Terrion Ware while the sole Team USA win came from Joey Miolla. Higo vs. Ware was the closest fight of the team competition as Ware took round 1, Higo round 2, and the two were close during round 3. Ware slowed in round 3 allowing Higo to take him down and find the rear-naked choke with only two seconds remaining in the fight.
RFA only have four weeks off before RFA 30 in Nebraska, also broadcast on AXS TV. The card is still being finalized but at this time Anthony Smith and Ryan Roberts are reported to be on the main card.
RFA 29 results
- Logan McPadden def. Keith Phathaem 2:57 R2 by rear-naked choke
- Jordan Johnson def. Gemenie Strehlow 0:48 R1 by brabo choke
- Clay Wimmer def. Eric Ramm 4:17 R1 by TKO
- Logan Storley def. Bill Mees 2:32 R1 by TKO
- Matthew Lopez def. Kevin Clark 0:36 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Devin Clark def. Dervin Lopez by unanimous decision
- Joey Miolla def. Pedro Falcao by unanimous decision
- Leandro Higo def. Terrion Ware 4:58 R3 by rear-naked choke
- Ackson Junior def. Jordan Larson 1:46 R3 by heel hook
- FW title: Raoni Barcelos def. Ricky Musgrave by unanimous decision