Lightweights Bryan Barberena (12-4) and Joe Proctor (11-4) will face off at UFC Fight Night 108. UFC officials announced the matchup Friday.
UFC Fight Night 108 will be held April 22 from Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn. A featherweight matchup between Cub Swanson and Artem Lobov is expected to headline the card.
Barberena is returning to the 155-pound division for this fight following a unanimous decision loss to Colby Covington at welterweight at UFC on Fox 22 in December. The 27-year-old MMA Lab product made a successful UFC debut at lightweight in December 2014 with a TKO win over Joe Ellenberger. But after a decision loss to Chad Laprise in his next fight he moved up to welterweight where he defeated Sage Northcutt and Warlley Alves before dropping the loss to Covington.
Proctor has been up-and-down in his last few fights but due to injury hasn’t competed in over a year. A TKO loss to Magomed Mustafaev at UFC 194 in December 2015 was preceded by a submission win over Justin Edwards in June 2015. The TUF 15 veteran is currently 4-3 inside the octagon and also holds wins over Jeremy Larsen, Cristiano Marcello and Justin Salas.
With this addition, UFC Fight Night 108 now includes:
- Cub Swanson vs. Artem Lobov
- Al Iaquinta vs. Diego Sanchez
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Sam Alvey vs. Thales Leites
- Brandon Moreno vs. Dustin Ortiz
- Jessica Penne vs. Danielle Taylor
- Hector Sandoval vs. Matt Schnell
- Scott Holtzman vs. Michael McBride
- Cindy Dandois vs. Alexis Davis
- John Dodson vs. Eddie Wineland
- Jake Ellenberger vs. Mike Perry
- Bryan Barberena vs. Joe Proctor
Stay close to www.adcombat.com for all your MMA and BJJ news.