Julio Arce makes the first defense of the featherweight title in a rematch against Frank Buenafuente, the man Arce took the title from in November. Ring of Combat 58 takes place February 24th at the Tropicana Resort and Casino in Atlantic City, NJ with an iPPV through GoFightLive.
Julio Arce is best known as the ROC bantamweight champion from January 2014 through five successful defenses until he lost the belt to Brian Kelleher in September 2015. An unsuccessful rematch provided the second loss of his 10-2 career while a win over Francisco Isata set up the Buenafuente championship bout Arce won by unanimous decision. The loss to Arce was Buenafuente’s first loss in six fights over one year. Last June Buenafuente won the belt with a unanimous decision over Jose Marsical while his only defense was a rear-naked choke of Nekruz Mirkhojaev last September.
Also on the card are title fights at bantamweight and lightweight. The lightweight title vacated by Gregor Gillespie is up for grabs between Tajuddin Abdul-hakim and Sidney Outlaw while Merab Dvalishvili and Sukhrob Aydarbekov clash for the bantamweight belt.
- Michael Elshamy vs. Willie Hosch
- Ricky Bandejas vs. Corey Simmons
- Travis Foster vs. Nick Fiore
- Phil Caracappa vs. Tommy Espinosa
- Sambet Naimanbayev vs. Jerome Mickle
- Wendell Sneed vs. Hugh McKenna
- Tevin Cooke vs. James Gonzalez
- Pat Sabatini vs. Michael Lawrence
- Dominick Biondo vs. Brandon Urquijo
- LW title: Tajuddin Abdul-hakim vs. Sidney Outlaw
- BW title: Merab Dvalishvili vs. Sukhrob Aydarbekov
- FW title: Julio Arce vs. Frank Buenafuente