Valdir Araujo continued his long time to the top as he defeated Adriano Capitulino in the main event of Titan FC 45. Titan FC 45 took place August 18th at the Pembroke Pines City Center in Pembroke Pines, FL with a webcast at UFC Fight Pass.
Adriano Capitulino tried using his seven-inch reach advantage over Valdir Araujo on the feet but Araujo’s edge on wrestling was his key to victory. For three rounds Araujo took down and controlled Capitulino scoring just enough on the ground to keep from being stood up. Capitulino’s best work came in round 2 when an opening barrage seemed to be to his advantage until an inadvertent eye poke to Araujo halted the momentum while an accidental groin kick to Capitulino evened the score. With the unanimous decision Araujo improved to 18-7, Capitulino fell to 5-2.
In the co-main event Gustavo Balart remained undefeated and earned a shot at the flyweight title with yet another decision, this time a split one over Jorge Calvo. Like the main event Martin had a reach advantage with his being at eight inches and like the main event Balart negated it by continually trying for takedowns. The difference is Balart had a hard time keeping equally as ground-savvy Martin on the ground. After three rounds Balart took the split decision as his record improved to 4-0, Martin fell to 10-2.
Titan FC returns September 29th. At this time no confirmation is available on the card although Jose “Shorty” Torres is expected to return.
Titan FC 45 results
- Robert Turnquest def. Taylor Krahl 1:54 R1 by armlock
- Uros Jurlsic def. Demarcus Kemp 2:10 R1 by TKO
- Gleidson De Jesus def. Chino Duran 2:28 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Steve Mowry def. Dustin Clements 1:21 R1 by TKO
- Demarques Johnson def. Luciano dos Santos 2:33 R1 by arm-triangle choke
- Oscar Askar def. James Blair by unanimous decision
- Jessica Rose-Clark def. Carina Damm by split decision
- Rausch Manflo def. Martin Brown by unanimous decision
- Gustavo Balart def. Jorge Calvo Martin by split decision
- Valdir Araujo def. Adriano Capitulino by unanimous decision