Alim Nabiyev Replaces Yoann Kongolo in GLORY 45 Amsterdam
Welterweight Co-Headline Bout Against Nieky Holzken
AMSTERDAM – GLORY today announced that top welterweight prospect Alim “Professor” Nabiyev (45-6, 21 KO, fighting out of Russia) has joined the world’s premier kickboxing league.
Currently living and training in Moscow, the 22-year-old Azerbaijani-Russian-Ukrainian fighter will make his promotional debut at GLORY 45 Amsterdam, replacing Yoann Kongolo in the co-headline bout against former welterweight kingpin Nieky “The Natural” Holzken (90-13, 46 KO, fighting out of the Netherlands).
Nabiyev boasts a resume that includes IFMA, WMF and WMC world titles and victories over Yohan Lidon, Jamie Bates, and Chad Sugden.
Holzken is the longest reigning champion in GLORY welterweight history. During a career spanning 15 years, he has achieved status as one of the division’s most respected and accomplished fighters.
The complete five-fight card for GLORY 45 Amsterdam can be found below:
GLORY 45 Amsterdam
- Featherweight Title Headline Bout: Robin van Roosmalen vs. Serhiy Adamchuk
- Light Heavyweight Tournament Final Bout: Winner of Bout A vs. Winner of Bout B
- Welterweight Co-Headline Bout: Nieky Holzken vs. Alim Nabiyev
- Light Heavyweight Tournament Semifinal Bout B: Imad Hadar vs. Manny Mancha
- Light Heavyweight Tournament Semifinal Bout A: Michael Duut vs. Dragos Zubco