The next challenger to M-1 Global flyweight champion Aleksander Doskalchuk will be determined at M-1 Challegne 87 as Arman Ashimov faces Mikael Silander. M-1 Challenge 87 takes place February 9th at the M-1 Arena in St. Petersburg, Russia with a webcast through the promotion’s website.
Mikael Silander enters this title fight with a huge experience advantage at 17-5 as opposed to Arman Ashimov’s record of 7-2-1. Silander currently rides a three-fight win streak including a majority decision over Vitali Branchuk for his M-1 Global debut in August. Ahimov made his promotional debut last July with a TKO of Gadzimurad Aliev then followed up with a TKO of Rodrigo Melonio at M-1 Challenge 85 in November.
The co-main event features 14-7 Kleber Silva vs. 7-4 Dimitriy Mikutsa. Silva is best known for defeating Philipe Lins at Bellator 168, since then he picked up a unanimous decision for his M-1 Global debut against Konstantin Gluhov last July. Mikutsa suffered a four-loss streak in 2015-16 but turned his career around with a TKO of Yuiry Protzenko in July 2016 then returned to M-1 Challenge to defeat Dmitry Tebekin last June.
- Aleksandar Rakas vs. Anatoly Liagu
- Tino Gilaranz vs. Valentin Kryzhanovsky
- Jani Salmi vs. Nikolay Goncharov
- Pavel Gordeev vs. Bobur Kurbonov
- Amiran Gogoladze vs. Stanislav Podolskiy
- Artem Nenakhov vs. C. Tchoungui
- Jose Agustin vs. Adam Bogatirov
- Danil Prikaza vs. Anderson Queiroz
- Pablo Ortmann vs. Ingiskhan Ozdoev
- Shavkat Rakhmonov vs. Levan Solodovnik
- Timur Nagibin vs. Jadison Costa
- Kleber Silva vs. Dimitriy Mikutsa
- Interim flyweight title: Arman Ashimov vs. Mikael Silander