Two more inaugural Legacy Fighting Alliance championship titles were claimed Friday as Kevin Aguilar took the featherweight belt and Andrea Lee claimed the women’s flyweight title. LFC 4 took place February 17th at the Horseshoe Casino in Bossier City, LA with a man card broadcast on AXS TV.
To nobody’s surprise Kevin Aguilar tried to use his range striking while Damon Jackson tried to take the fight to the ground. Round 1 went to Aguilar who dropped Jackson three times with jabs as Jackson tried to kick or punch. Round 2 saw Jackson impose his will and take Aguilar down where he opened a cut and caused an ugly hematoma in the face of Aguilar. Round 3 went back and forth with both fighters scoring until Jackson moved in for a hook and Aguilar beat him to the punch with a right that knocked Jackson out immediately, one follow-up punch to the face all that was necessary for the referee to call a halt to the fight. With the win Aguilar claimed the inaugural featherweight title as his record improved to 12-1, his only loss being to Leonard Garcia in December 2013. Jackson fell to 11-2, 2-1 post-UFC.
The co-main event was much more one-sided as Andrea Lee overwhelmed Heather Bassett en route to a third round submission. Lee scored with punches to the body, knees from the clinch, and of course her straight right. Bassett picked up minor scoring in the first round but by the second she was predominantly on defense. In the third round of this five-round title fight Lee took Bassett’s back standing, went for a rear-naked choke when they hit the ground, took mount, then slapped on the fight-ending armbar. Lee who held the LFC amateur and professional titles now becomes LFA’s first women’s flyweight champion with a record of 6-2, Bassett fell to 4-3.
Up next LFA head to Colorado February 24th with Marcus Edwards facing Adam Townsend.
LFA 4 results
- Jake Foster def. Michael Mintz 4:43 R3 by KO
- Jessica Sotack def. Victoria Leonardo by unanimous decision
- Zach Albritton def. Berto Grimaldo by unanimous decision
- Ariel Juarez def. Robin White 4:11 R1 by triangle choke
- Jared Owens def. Aaron Trecell 3:44 R1 by armbar
- Kendrick Williams def. Edward Longoria 2:00 R1 by TKO
- Jesse Butler def. Ricky Murphy by unanimous decision
- Brandon Shavers def. Mike Murphy by unanimous decision
- Chancey Foxworth by unanimous decision
- Bryan Billot def. David Bosnick 0:57 R2 by heel hook
- Derrick Krantz def. Hayward Charles by unanimous decision
- W Flyweight title: Andrea Lee def. Heather Bassett 3:40 R3 by armbar
- FW title: Kevin Aguilar def. Damon Jackson 4:43 R3 by KO