ADCC Rules & Regulations
FIRST AID TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES AND EQUIPMENT
First Aid Team:
• Optimally the first aid team is formed by a doctor and a paramedic.
• In the competition venue a specific area should be allocated for the first aid team.
• Allocated area should be adjacent to the mat area so that the first aid team has visual of the mats and they can see easily if a referee is signaling for help.
• Preferably allocated area is close to an emergency exit door or other optional exit.
• First aid team should be prepared to treat basic trauma and have sufficient readiness for basic life support.
• If further examination e.g. x-ray, MRI etc. or acute care is needed first aid team is responsible for arranging – not providing – it. This includes coordinating the transportation of the injured to a hospital or a clinic.
Following equipment list serves as an example. Competition doctor can modify list bearing in mind the responsibilities of the team. List of optional items is recommended if venue is remote and transportation to the acute care unit takes longer than in urban area.
• Single use ice packs
• Sterile and non-sterile latex gloves
• Material for hemostasis
• Antiseptic solution
• Elastic bandage
• Sports tape
• Collar n´cuff
• neck collar
• Single patient use resuscitator bag and mask
• Phone number for the ambulance and closest acute care unit / Emergency
• Equipment for stitches
• Equipment for intubation
• Medication for resuscitation and iv equipment + fluids
Amount of the equipment needed generally depends on the number of competitors.
Competition doctor should be able to estimate it independently.